Choke-proof their world: Follow our guidelines to confidently keep teeny toys and “too-big” bites of food from being posing a choking danger to your kids.
By Stephanie Booth from Parents Magazine
On a bright morning last March, Tara Chazen’s 2-year-old son was toddling around his neighborhood park and munching on a graham cracker when a piece of it suddenly got stuck in his throat. Chazen was at work, and by the time his babysitter noticed that something was amiss less than a minute later, the cracker shard had moved from his trachea into his lung. The boy’s face turned purple and he fell to the ground, unconscious.