ARFID: The Anxious Eater
With Melanie Potock, MA, CCC-SLP
Coach Mel’s Masterclasses are your opportunity to dive deep into a hot topic in pediatric feeding. More than just a PowerPoint presentation, this is in-person learning that takes it up a notch.
What you will learn:
You will walk away with a rich understanding of the steps it takes to take kids from anxious to adventurous, including:
- How anxiety hinders a child’s ability to try new foods
- Why kids get stuck “just licking” or “just kissing” a new food and can’t make progress from there
- Strategies to help the hesitant eater take a bite
- Specific techniques to help the anxious eater manage anxiety
- The relationship between parental anxiety and a child’s anxious behaviors
- The research behind Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID)
Who should attend?
Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Registered Dietitians, Pediatricians and other health professionals; Parents, teachers and family members of extreme picky eaters.