Appetite: How to Foster Hunger & Wean Kids from Tube Feedings
Explore the science of appetite in young children and learn how to wean children from tube feedings. This course focuses on the research, practical strategies & the importance of appetite regulation to help children transition to oral feeds.
Holly Knotowicz, M.S., CCC-SLP, holds a Master of Science degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders from Nazareth College. She is a Speech Language Pathologist specializing in pediatric feeding with over 10 years of experience. Her areas of clinical interest include behavioral, oral motor and oral sensory feeding disorders, including mealtime dynamics. She specializes with working with children who have eosinophilic gastrointestinal diseases, including eosinophilic esophagitis and working with children who have food allergies, FPIES and neurogenic disorders. She is an active participant in research, has been published in Gastroenterology Journal and is an international speaker on feeding.
Masterclass with Melanie Potock, MA, CCC-SLP
Coach Mel’s Masterclasses are your opportunity to dive deep into a hot topic in pediatric feeding. More than just a PowerPoint presentation – this is online learning that takes it up a notch.
What makes this masterclass experience so special?
- Attendance is limited to just 21 participants to foster in-depth discussion
- A live and dynamic learning experience
- Sessions are designed to be interactive and memorable, with a few creative twists along the way!
- Four hours packed with valuable content and smart strategies that you use immediately with your anxious eaters!
Do I need a webcam? This unique learning opportunity requires a webcam and microphone so that you can interact with Melanie and Holly.
What you will learn:
You will walk away with practical tips to help a child feel hungry (not hangry!) and learn the steps to weaning from tube feedings, including:
- Ten strategies to help drive hunger and support oral intake in children
- The role of appetite stimulants in tube weaning
- Prerequisites for tube weaning in the pediatric population
- Medical conditions and medications that influence appetite
- A review of research regarding appetite in young children
Principles will be demonstrated through live activities and videos, plus a case study!
Who should attend?
Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Registered Dietitians, Pediatricians and other health professionals; Parents, teachers and family members of extreme picky eaters.
Cost: $195 registration
This is a LIVE course and will not be available On-Demand
PLUS, masterclass attendees receive:
- $25 discount for a one-on-one coaching session with Melanie
- $50 discount on Melanie’s most popular 9.5 hour video course: Feeding Development: Understanding the Spectrum of Eating in Children
- $20 discount toward a future masterclass
Learner Cancellation: Registrants may cancel their registration 48 prior to the start of the event and receive a partial refund of $100 or contact Melanie to reschedule. Rescheduling is based on availability. Cancellations within 48 hours of the start of the event are not refundable.
Provider Cancellation: If the course is cancelled by the provider, attendees can be rescheduled to a future class or a refund can be requested.