The award-winning parenting book on feeding babies, toddlers & big kids too!
Feeding therapist Melanie Potock and pediatrician Nimali Fernando and (aka Dr. Yum and Coach Mel) know the importance of giving your child the right start on his or her food journey—for good health, motor skills, and even cognitive and emotional development. In Raising a Healthy, Happy Eater they explain how to expand your family’s food horizons, avoid the picky eater trap, identify special feeding needs, and put joy back into mealtimes, with:
- Advice tailored to every stage from newborn through school-age
- Real-life stories of parents and kids they have helped
- Wisdom from cultures across the globe on how to feed kids
- Helpful insights on the sensory system, difficult mealtime behaviors, and everything from baby-led weaning to sippy cups
- And seven “passport stamps” for good parenting: joyful, compassionate, brave, patient, consistent, proactive, and mindful.
Raising a Healthy, Happy Eater shows the way to lead your baby, toddler, or young child on the path to adventurous eating. Grab your passport and go!
Let your baby take control of their eating habits and create a healthy relationship with food!
Your baby’s relationship with food starts with her first bite. Set your child up for lifetime of healthy, adventurous eating by letting her lead the way.
Baby self-feeding puts your child in the driver’s seat, helping to establish a positive relationship with what’s on his plate. This book helps you encourage a confident and healthy eater at an early age, featuring:
- Valuable self-regulatory skills
- Mindful eating strategies
- 25 baby-tested and approved functional food recipes
- Smart-start purees and healthy finger foods, and how to introduce them
- Ways to avoid picky eating
- Methods for avoiding food allergies and reducing choking hazards
- Mess-free tips for dining out
Baby Self-Feeding offers practical solutions, step-by-step ways to transition your baby to early solid foods and smart-start purees. Homemade baby foods avoid the excess sugar, sodium, dyes, and fillers found in commercial products – plus, they’re easy to make even if you are short on time. Let your baby learn to eat at her own pace with Baby Self-Feeding.
Know the basics that every feeding professional wants parents to know
Melanie Potock, MA, CCC-SLP is a certified speech language pathologist who has specializes in helping children love a variety of food. Her practice focuses on the family and teaching the fundamentals of parenting in the kitchen. Coach Mel wrote this book in the same manner that she works with families; with an open heart and a touch of humor. Raising an adventurous eater is meant to be fun. Enjoy the journey!